Friday, October 15, 2010

The Tree


There is a tree in the back of the garden you may be lucky enough to see.
Its little flowers so blue and lovely are always open to me.
There have been times when I have not watered or cared for my little tree.
But its roots are strong and its branches are sturdy, it never needs pruning.

Way up the back past the trees and the roses is where my lovely tree grows.
Neglect and tempest have never destroyed it but the scars on the branches do show.
So bring your fairy lights, hang them upon it along with the nest of a dove.
See how much lovelier that it grows now when you nourish the soil with love.

It flowers in spring time, it bears fruit in winter, it pleases me all the year through.
It shades me in summer, it's golden in autumn,

My tree is you.

No comments:

Post a Comment